1. Never shake a man’s hand sitting down.
2. Don’t enter a pool by the stairs.
3. The man at the BBQ Grill is the closest thing to a king.
4. In a negotiation, never make the first offer.
5. Request the late check-out.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Hold your heroes to a higher standard.
8. Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.
9. Play with passion or don’t play at all…
10. When shaking hands, grip firmly and look them in the eye.
11. Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
12. If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.
13. Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is for her.
14. You marry the girl, you marry her family.
15. Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
16. Experience the serenity of traveling alone.
17. Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.
18. Never turn down a breath mint.
20. Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
22. Eat lunch with the new kid.
23. After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
24. Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.
25. Manners maketh the man.
26. Give credit. Take the blame.
27. Stand up to Bullies. Protect those bullied.
28. Write down your dreams.
29. Take time to snuggle your pets, they love you so much and are always happy to see you.
30. Be confident and humble at the same time.
31. If ever in doubt, remember whose son you are and REFUSE to just be ordinary!
32. In all things lead by example not explanation.
33. Dress how you want to be addressed
34. BE BLESSED BY BEING A BLESSING
What people say about that:
Agree with these; although the pool reference did throw me a bit. If it means just jump in – I would think assess, plan, review and then act would be a better approach.
I always said to my sons –
1. Manners maketh the man ( think its a Beau Brummell quote);
2. Address the problem not the person (ie objectively find a solution to the issue and don’t play a blame game – the latter doesn’t solve the issue and doesn’t win you favours);
3. Act ethically and with a sound moral position even if others don’t, that way you won’t regret your actions;
4. If you don’t know, ask before doing a task – not doing so after the jobs done may mean it costs more if there’s an error – your not a fool to ask if you don’t know – you are a fool if you don’t ask;
5. Always get 3 quotes minimum and never pick the cheapest.
Personally I like the idea of the handkerchief, it looks smart in a suit pocket and its a nice idea that you don’t see often these days.
I’m just lost here, cause I can’t imagine how a guy will enter a pool without the stairs. Is it that the person must stumble and fall into the pool or just jump into the pool. Fine if the person should jump into the pool now tell me how such person will come out again. Will the person lease ladder to come out.
I love your write up, the same thing goes both gender. Not the men a lone before they will faint on you.
Here’s the thing though if everybody is taught but not to make the first offer how is an offer ever made? Additionally I’m not returning a car with a full tank of gas if it didn’t have a full tank of gas when I borrowed it. I will replace the gas that I used though. Not that anybody should really ever loan their car to anyone at least without insurance.
The picture is of a man cutting a boy’s hair with some words of advice to go with it. Yes many have commented the advice could apply to a girl or a woman but that is not the message here. Accept or reject the message if we so choose but we can’t change another’s message. It is not ours to change. I hope we’ to accept it at face value and walk away with some wisdom or a friendly reminder if we can. I love the picture! Great art with such detail!
All very good in a perfect world , but alas we live very far from an ideal life . As the beauty pageant entrants wish for “World Peace” It ain’t gonna happen ! If only a smidgen of this was achievable , we need solidarity , everyone singing off the same hymn page . As we are all individuals , with different ideals , aspirations , opinions , lifestyle and sadly they may come from , corruption , lies , narcissists , murderers . I believe it comes down to one common denominator . MONEY! The irony is that there is no such thing as money . think about this !